Monday, September 28, 2009

Crabzinabarrel DMV South recap...

Hey wassup it’s your girl ReneeWoods and I thought I would show everyone the flyer I saw that made me want to go to the 9:30 Club on Saturday, September 26. 2009. Now, let me state the only artists on this flyer that actually performed were XO (who gave a good show and brought the rest Diamond District of out to perform) and Kingpen Slim (who also gave a good show). Now if that ain’t some bullsh*t then I don’t know what is!

Early on Saturday through Twitter I did learn that some of the artists listed on the flyer were not performing, so I went to the 9:30 Club website and saw that Bun B, Kingpen Slim, and Phil Ade (his record label’s website also said he’d be there) were on the show so I still wanted to go. But somehow of these three only Kingpen Slim performed. Now let me state some of the artists that performed were good but that’s not what we paid for. So, clearly this was a false flyer with some false *ss advertising! The promotion for this event sucked *ss. Crabzinabarrel.com does not blame any of the artists we are upset with how the event was promoted.

Now honestly the entire night I just knew Bun B was about to come out but instead it was another act that wasn’t on this flyer or the 9:30 Club website. And why the f*ck was it called the DMV South takeover?? There was no Lil Jon, Trillville, Yung Dro, Plies, T-Pain, SLim Thug, etc. etc. etc. etc. and there d*mn sure wasn’t no Bun B! Before I finish this post I have one more question… why was Tabi Bonney’s picture next to Phil Ade’s name on the 9:30 Club website??? They don’t even look alike! The following is a picture of that nonsense from their website.


The crabzinabarrel.com family still got a few pics of some of the artists that were there and Nonchalant was in the building ( that was pretty cool :) ) peep the pics below. And oh yeah we also got some video footage (with Urbansocialight commenting in the background) of some disgruntled customers at the end of the night so peep that as well.

No comments: